After completing his doctorate at the Ruhr University in Bochum, Dr Heiner Bente studied physics and geophysics in Bochum, Paris und Karlsruhe. Following this, he began working at Mummert + Partner corporate consultants, where he rose to become head of the strategic management consultancy division. In 1991 he founded BSL Management Consultants, where he advised German and international transport companies, institutions and governmental committees.
As of June 2010, Dr Heiner Bente has been chairman of the advisory board and senior advisor at civity Management Consultants.
- Strategic corporate development
- International government consultancy on market structuring, regulation and railway restructuring, privatisation and public-private partnerships
- Infrastructure management
- Corporate financing, corporate transactions
- Business development for suppliers and service providers
- Supervisory and advisory board mandates